søndag 23. mars 2008

yokohama

friday went by with extreme pain behind my eyes, so bad in fact that I almost puked.
in the end I had to take an orange pill. I don`t like pills, they look suspicious and have names that don`t give any sence. the only good thing about migraine, is that it`s a cheap way of spending your time, laying in bed is free, you don`t have to pay covercharge or drinks and since darkness is prefered the electricbill become small.
saturday I went to yokohama with inga and alex.
yokohama:
I saw my first pigeon in japan
I saw my first gay couple in japan
I saw my first clown in japan
I went up in the highest building in japan (70 floors), ugly piece of architecture
I took a ride with the fastest elevator in the world (45 km/h)
I took a ride with the only rollercoaster in the world that dives into water, "diving coaster vanish!"
I went to the biggest chinatown outside china
I went to foreign office architects` international port terminal
I saw two old buildings, they`ve survived earthquakes and a war

yokohama got it all.
after dinner we returned to tokyo and went to the golden guy area for some drinks.
then...karaoke! an unexpected casual experience with insane wallpaper and smelly toilets.

today I met kaori in asakusa, a densely packed tourist area, both japanese and foreigners.
they go there because of a famous tempel, I don`t remember the name. here we took a breath of incense and tossed a coin towards the shrine. then we headed for harajuku. at shinjuku station a ladyvoice informed us that there had been an accident at ebisu station, and that the train was delayed. these "accidents" are often people throwing them self in front of trains. inga told me that most people commit suicide on the sobu line, because this line has the cheapest fine for the left behind family to pay. ironic, sobu line is yellow. the cheap color..like the norwegian supermarket, "bunnpris" (directly translated; rock bottom price). if you choose an expensive line, the family might end up pay off until they die of natural causes.

alex told me that there are 5,5 million vending machines in tokyo.
that`s 1 million more than the entire population of norway. lets say each vending machine contains 70 bottles.
5,5 million x 70 = 385 million bottles...a lot of drinks.
I don`t know how many I`ve bought so far, but I guess I`m not close to 385 million.

Ingen kommentarer: