onsdag 19. mars 2008

useless information


someone told me that they don`t sell deodorants in this country.
what kind of country would do that to its inhabitants? is it punishment for something?
this piece of information kind of freaked me out, my deodorant brought along from norway is soon to be empty.
so I started a deodorant-hunt. I went to different stores and examined all the shelves, and since I don`t read japanese I had to analyse the bottles that might contain something in the deodorant familybusiness. but the results were always the same; negative. every item turned out to be make-up remover, shaving cream, facewash etc.
I felt the panic lurking in the back of my mind. what to do? no deodorant for several months? not an option.

one evening I went to my local coop store to buy yogurt, apples, bananas, walnuts and cereal, in other words, breakfast...and sometimes dinner..oioi. in this store they play music from hidden speakers, they play all sorts of tunes. easy jazz, heavy metal, radiohits both english and japanese, and other stuff. while listening to a jazztune I decided to check if coop was the kind of store that distribute deodorants. and guess what, they are. they have one single brand called; roll-on ban deodorant, anti-perspirant lion. it looks like something barbie would have bought in the 1970`s. it`s small, and the content is pink. hope it`s working..30 years after being produced.
next to the deodorant I found a toothpaste from the same brand and decade, and I thought why not.
lets go oldschool.
I`ve started a heathier life.
monday 8am: jogging
tuesday 8am: yoga
wednesday 8 am: I couldn`t move...all my muscles were aching, and not just one part of my body, but the entire thing. my legs, my arms, my back, my stomach, my ass..wasn`t that bad actually, my shoulders, my neck. I had to roll out of bed like an old lady and I hardly made it down the stairs to the shower. so I thought I might take a day off the nora`s program of exercise.
thursday 9am (it`s a holiday, come on): yoga
today is a holiday in japan, the reason is that day and night have the same amount of hours. which I think is a good reason. but it`s raining, and I only have one pair of shoes, converse. this leaves me with one opportunity to exit the house, with dry shoes at least. therefore I have to plan my day carefully, or buy a second pair of shoes...not a bad idea.

Ingen kommentarer: