mandag 10. mars 2008

weekend

one thing`s for sure, it`s hard living with a clubphotographer.
and even harder when it turns out that the girl havn`t suffered from hangover in five years.
that`s pretty much utopia for me. I havn`t had a weekend without hangover in five years, even if I`m not drinking.

I`m not sure I`ve told you, sanna from sweden is living on a mattress in my room. the mattress is the same size as my floorspace, so we can hardly open the door. anyway, the weekend started with a night out together with alex and inger marit, two really fun girls form norway. both students at aarhus school of architecture like me, and they stay at the same sakura house, so we`re neighbours. we ended up at shinjuku drinking beers at different bars.
that`s most likely why saturday wasn`t top dollar in the head department. still sanna and I went for a walk, a walk that turned out to be NY style. I`ve learned that even though you can see the skyscraper from your room, doesn`t mean that it`s close by. on the way we spent some time in fancy stores looking at expensive clothes and expensive architecture. both looked good..well not everything. the dior building would be amazing if it was the marc jacobs building, the clothes ruined the interior design.

when we finally got to the skyscraper, mori tower, you had to pay to get up.
sanna didn`t want to pay, so we walked back towards harajuku and a cafe we know with a english menu.
you have to walk long distances to find an english menu in this town. at this piont, I was pretty fed up by the situation, and the mood didn`t get better by the fact that I was hungry...but I managed to answer sanna with sounds like; hmm...aaah..ok...oi, on the way back. and I was very determined not to make a nora-is-hungry-as-hell-scene.
a scene that I guess quite a few of you have experienced...yeah..sorry.

that evening I prepared myself to a quiet night at home, but sanna had a different plan.
I ended up at a "punk" venue in a basement somewhere in tokyo, then later on I found myself at a club called the warehouse. at the warehouse they had a ipod-battle-event, which basically means to cut the songs after 1 1/2 minute. stupid idea...not attending a ipod battle again. the place also spiced up the experience with some poledancers in small bikinis on a podium, one of the dancers had pretty much the entire ass outside her pinks panties...hothothot!
that night we drove a lot of taxi, and as usual we went for some shopping at the convini as people call it, before returning home.

sunday came as expected with a constant reminder of the consumed amount of alcohol.
then I did the strangest thing I`ve ever done on a hangoversunday, it started out as a normal walk around the block,
but ended up as shopping for running shoes...so now I have a couple of brand new running shoes in my closet.
funky. in the evening I went for my second walk that day, and a found a park.
so, the only thing that`s missing, is me wearing the shoes..outside..at a good pace..in the park.

new subject;
the other day at work, cutting cardboard with great consentration, daydreaming about my future in architecture,
(I always daydream when I`m making models, guess it`s because the brainactivity you need to cut cardboard is in fact not tremendous.) I suddenly see from the corner of my eye something big and black move...a b-i-g bug.
to be more precise...a cockroach. less than 40 cm from my foot! halleluja, and it was walking away from me..that`s probably the worst part. I can only imagine how close it had been before I saw it. all I managed to say was; bug. but no one heard me, they all wear headsets and listen to music. a little louder; bug! and then taka looks up and see the creature. all he does is reach for the glue remover, gives the thing a good spray and sends it into a serious intoxication. glue remover is pure alcohol. the legs kicked the air for a couple of seconds before the bug froze. then taka went back to his desk and left the cockroach rest by my feet. they told me that the office rule in situations like this, was that whoever sitting at the desk where the bug took its last conscious breath had to remove it. obviously I disagreed strongly to this irrational rule, removing bugs is not a feminine action. finally simon took a piece of paper and threw it out. then someone mumbled; you know it`s just drunk...not dead, cockroaches can survive nuclear attacs do you really think a heavy drink would kill it? now I spend most of my days keeping an observant eye on my surroundings, bet it got drinking friends.




Ingen kommentarer: