søndag 2. mars 2008

le baron

ok,
last night Sanna and I went out to this club/bar called Le Baron, we bought supplies of alcohol and chips for the subwayride to Gaienmae station, we had to change trains at Shibuya. When we got there it turned out that the metro to Gaienmae had stopped for the night. That`s a strange thing about Tokyo, the metro (under ground) and jr line (above street level) stop around 00.30 am. That`s like Oslo. Crazy.

Taxi was the answer, as always.
I had dressed up like an old lady, with my "glasses", cardigan and light blue eyeshadow.
I`ve really started to think that my brain is older than my body in general. Maybe that test on the internet actually didn`t lie..shit. Then I`m old.

Le Baron was superdark, so on my way to the toilet the first time, I managed to walk straight into a wall, and miss the stairs, people probably just thought I was extremely drunk. When you finally gets to the toilet, all the walls are covered in reflecting black tiles, so if you haven`t lost your ability to navigate before you got to the toilet, you will definitily do it then. As I was standing in line, a girl comes in and throws up in the sink. I remember thinking I was impressed with the fact that she found the place.

Japanese people are cool.
They don`t talk much, but when they do, they go right down to business.
And they use the "L"-word a lot. A normal conversation starts out with;

Hi, where you from?
What`s your name?
And then;
I love you.

Of course, some of them talks english, but even then the conversations tends to end up lost in translation.
Today I woke up laughing, because I remembered a situation from last night, I was talking to a very small japanese guy, half my size in every direction. He`s a "photomaker", previously he had a job, but he was to lazy, so now he lives back home with his parents. He gave me his card,( They all have businesscards! And they hand them out like flyers..amazing. Very into networking obviously) and asked if we could be together. Naive as I am, I thought he ment hang out, so I got enthusiastic and said something like; yeah, what about next week? Then he said; No, after party. And I got the picture. Haha, he must have thought I was really wierd, what kind of person have to check their agenda to "be together" after talking at a club. My antennas are rusty. Maybe he got this thing for big girls...

I also met a fascinating guy from New York. He looked as he was 35 years old, but it turned out that he was 24.
He had a beard. But I shouldn`t be the one to talk, with my outfit I looked 72 years old. The most fascinating thing about him, was the fact that he had the same expression on his face the whole evening, even when he smiled.
And he didn`t take his jacket or scarf off..at a club.

Taxi home, sushi from the 24 hours grocerystore and to bed.
Hangover today. As usual, works like a Swiss clock all over the world, from New York to Tokyo.
Pictures will follow.

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Hehe...gleder meg til bilder....:)