lørdag 31. mai 2008

rising curve

today I was hoping for sun and shine, park, a blanket and some hours of geekness together with the grand magazine: wired. but the weather situation when I woke up was everything but sun and shine...freezing cold and rain. and I realised I`ve read wired from cover to cover. the fridge is empty and so is my shelf. I`m really hungry, but I don`t want to go outside, I rather stay hungry. hilde left for norway this morning, it`s almost an echo in my 7,5 sq.m room without her and her huge suitcase. it actually feels like a sad monday, not a merry saturday. but on the other hand, I rarely know what day it is, unemployment do that to you. I hope I never suffer from unemployment again. (do not quote me on that..) ..eeh, atleast not for more than two weeks...back on save ground. my plan B, when plan A died a brutal death, was to draw, but guess what, I have no paper...and guess what again, the store you buy paper, tokyu hands, is further away than both the supermarket and the bookstore where they sell wired. I`m fried, big time. happy times in tokyo this afternoon. I just post some pictures from last week.

it`s not as bad as it might sound, I`m exaggerating un petit peu. my computer is 100%, and so are itunes. feel good music saves all days, including this one. I`ve made a list of stuff that makes you love tokyo+japan:
1. accsessible sushi..convini sushi, but still..sushi
2."free" skyscrapers, the opposite of empire state building where you have to stand in line until you drop dead
3. food in general
4. my beloved vending machines
5. the metro/jr system, always on time
6. the fact that you just buy a new umbrella everytime it rains
7. shinkansen
8. polite people and their queue system
9. clean country, very nice..except tsukuba..haha
10. beautiful but loco boys (not everyone are beautiful, but everyone are loco)
11. some birds that says: heia heia heia ( it`s a cheering word in norwegian)
12. the taxidoors that opens and closes without any effort from human beings...eh, skip the button part
13. the billboard next to the runway at narita airport that says "down with narita" instead of "welcome to narita"
14. the fact that I lost my bike key for one month, and when I found it, it was in the lock on my bike, outside the building where I live in central tokyo...lovelovelove it.
15. and you may park your bike unlocked outside the store when you go shopping, and when you return, it`s still there!
16. shopping
17. the hand in hand of crowded and deserted places
18. drunk old salarymen, rolling around on sidewalks laughing or puking
19. the view of shinjuku and shibuya by night
20. the view from my room every minute of the day, regardless weather
21. great people watch possibilities
22. take trips on jr-lines until the signs only shows japanese characters
23. hunt down architecture

probably more
24. oh yeah, the rice boiler
25. ka ra o ke
26. the atmosphere
27. the elevated highways/layered roads



Ingen kommentarer: