tirsdag 20. mai 2008

just a day among the others

today I woke up to heavy rain, in my bed.
it was the result of a brisk wind (as a nearly professional weather girl, I would claim it was a storm), rain and my open window. I decided to dedicate this particular morning to a feel good movie and a huge breakfast.
when the movie reached its end, the weather had changed to the better.
I walked the short walk up to yoyogi station where the yamanote line arrived the same second as me,
the next 30 minutes I spent sitting down reading a book. my mission this afternoon was to investigate if it`s possible to get all the way down to the narita express platform without buying a ticket. it is. this is great news.
now I know how to catch hilde before she wanders off into the big maze of buildings, cars and people, also known as tokyo.

when that was all settled, I went for lunch and tokyo international forum. ate my sushi on a bench surrounded by half-sleeping salary men, beneath greenery, with the view of the forum straight ahead. I must say, an urban deluxe lunch.
the forum I didn`t like much, but took some pictures just to prove that I have been there.
then I went approximately 200 meters south, to ginza. ginza got a lot of shopping possibilities and architecture, in both categories, good and bad...my subjective perception. saw some famous buildings, one: the mikimoto by ito, a building I thought to be white, turned out to be pink..it looked like a cartoon. and the name enhancer the opinion. aslo got a glimps of the nakagin capsule tower by kurokawa. I really liked the example capsule on the sidewalk. couldn`t see a kitchen in there, but it had a stereo. guess it`s a good thing the "apartment" doesn`t have a kitchen when you`re supposed to live on just 8 sq.m. including bathroom, you need to be as thin as possible.

my abilities to find the buildings I`m searching for is increasing.
tried to do some shopping, but I couldn`t find anything. don`t know how it`s possible.
my visa was cold in my wallet, desperate for attention and light. but no, sorry mr. visa, maybe next time.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

naah poor visa!
no exercise without your personal shopper!

savner dig! merde!