fredag 25. april 2008

easy mix

while being in beijing, you have to eat peking duck.
so anna and me headed for Da Dung restaurant, nr 1 peking duck restaurant the year of 2008.
something I find rather suspicious since 2008 is four months old.
anyway, the restaurant looked small and cosy from the outside, inside it was a labyrinth of bad interior design.
we were seated on a big round table, in an almost empty room. we ordered the duck and waited for the wonder to appear. a surprising ritual about eating ducks from peking, is that before they surve you the dish, they come to your table and show you the dead grilled duck, with all bodyparts remaining..feet, neck, wings and head. not something I`m dying to see, I`m the kind of person that prefers filets to "the real thing", that way you can suppress the fact that it`s an animal. at first I thought we ought to slize the bird ourself, but to my relief they brought it back to the kitchen and cut the meat off the bones. 5 minutes into the dinner, the waitress came back with a small plate with something undefinable on it. anna ate the eatable on the piece of something, we later realised that it was half a head, and she had eaten the brain...hardcore.

let me introduce the people I live with;
1. a corean girl; she never speaks to anybody. not even a hello in the hallway. she works at our local grocery store, where she pretend not to recognice you.
2. claus; german guy. super sarcastic all the time, addicted to cnn. works at a german place, something in relation with culture and trade, almost like an embassy only it`s not.
3. laurent; searching for work. hard to find on a tourist visa and no japanese skills. visiting his girlfriend.
4. andrea; italian guy?, don`t know what he does as the matter of fact. have to ask him. everyday around 12 pm he talks to somebody, most likely a girl, on the phone. yesterday he sang a song by oasis.
5. me; norwegian girl, just resantly unemployed.
6. tino; german guy, from berlin. don`t do much.
7. two guys from singapore, always forget their names. very sweet polite clean men, study japanese.
8. raya; form bulgaria, translator.
9. philip; french/swiss guy. artist, but now he wants to become the ultimate fighting champion. japan is the best place to be one. he eats alot of healthy food, drink honey strait from the bottle and end the meal with some powder proteins mixed with water. he taught me how to use a rise-cooking-machine. you basically just push a button.
10. indian guy; works with computers, spend his nights on skype, speaking in his mother tongue.
11. english fellow; study japanese.

it`s really bad that I don`t know the names of 5 people out of 10...working on it. I think I can eliminate the corean girl, she`s not very friendly.

earlier I`ve told you about my career as a t-shirt model, and the pictures that turned out to be me, looking like a meatball. japanese obviuosly like meatball pictures, they want more. now I`m getting suspicious, maybe they going to use the photos in some kind of meat advertisment. I don`t want to be the huge skandinavian meatball girl in a t-shirt.

I`ve also discovered a idyllic park.
it`s very close to where I live.
people go there to take pictures of flowers, trees and bushes.
I got inspired.

Ingen kommentarer: