onsdag 2. april 2008

April 1st

yesterday I read my first japanese word!
I understood all the graphic characters, and the word was; ...calorie.
It was written in katakana, the characters they use when they write "imported" words.
the second (and third) word I read was;...coca cola.
my preffered literature is a can of diet coke.

another thing I did yesterday, was pay my ticket to beijing.
the guy who sold me the ticket was kind of strange..the same guy as last time, with the "little danger flights".
I had to withdraw money from a 7-11, and he insisted on keeping me company, even though I`m perfectly capable of handling a ATM myself, all he talked about was buying me dinner at an italian restaurant, the negotiation he would soon perform so that I got a discount on my ticket, the japanese lessons for free he could give me, and he wanted to know if norwegian boys are as quiet as japanese boys. when we got back to the office, he managed by hardcore and extremely silent negotiation to get me a 5000 yen discount. thanks!

next time I checked my hotmail, I had recieved no more than 4 mails from my travelagent, wondering if we could be really good friends and if I would go on a date, I could forget my wallet at home.
and when I checked my phone, he`d called 7 times...
so I guess this was the package;
one return ticket to beijing
5000 yen discount
one slightly annoying/stalking travelagent

oh lord.
even though it was April 1st, it actually did happened.
I read my first word...and bought a ticket...promise.

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Er du sikker på at du ikke vil bli journalist i stedet for arkitekt? Du får meg ihvertfall til å le hver uke - love it!
Når reiser du til Beijing? Jeg er der fra 23.april...