torsdag 5. juni 2008

the list of numbers

3,52 million people "floats" through shinjuku station every day, that`s almost every existing norwegian. imagine the chaos if they all were norwegian..o lord...(noo gunnar, I know it`s that direction!! no turid, it`s to the left..look at the sign, goddamn it!..well, if you say so honey)
35 million people living in tokyo+suburbia
4 the number of pregnant women I`ve seen during 4 months..true, where do they all come from?
3 nuns
8 pair of shoes paid by mr. visa, only six will make it back to europe..ops, small suitcase.
5 times I`ve been jogging in yoyogi..so much for that healthy livestyle
4 yoga sessions...hmm
3 gb with tokyo photos on my computer
8 books read, some good, some bad
7 (6) the number of japanese words I can read and know all the characters, calori, karaoke, coin laundry, coca cola, yen, nora...oo, damn..promise, it`s seven.
13 withdrawals at 7-11
40-60 meters below streetlevel, you`ll find the subways
21 coffee shops (japanese style) and convinis in my neighbourhood
24 billion one-time-use chop sticks used each year in japan
130 million japanese people
200 exits at shinjuku station
3 visitors during my stay, thanks mum,dad and hilde!
11 trips up in the sky (skyscrapers, 8 in tokyo, 1 in osaka, 1 in yokohama, 1 in kyoto)
4 rides with the shinkansen ( I found out why I never got to ride with the 700 series, it`s beacuse I had a jr-pass..they only work on the 300 series, oh well)
1 one trip to china, beijing...huge ugly airport, huge city, huge streets, huge blocks, hugehugehuge, hard beds.
115 splendid days of urban delight

Ingen kommentarer: